Catering Assistant – Adventure Resorts
Programs we offer a guaranteed job pre departure, as a Catering Assistant;
- Start Dates: February – September
- You pay apprentice – £101.15 per week
- On-apprentice (under 21) – £145.15 per week
- Non-apprentice (21+) – £203.95 per week
- Meals: When you join The Working Holiday Club™ Adventure Resort Program you will receive free food in addition to your wages.
- Accommodation: When you join The Working Holiday Club™ Adventure Resort Program you will receive free accommodation in addition to your wages.
- Uniforms: Your exclusive, practical and durable staff uniform is provided free of charge with no deposit required.
To work in a kitchen environment, you need passion and pride in what you’re doing – in everything from pot washing to serving food to guests, from cleaning work surfaces to preparing fresh salads. The details matter. You’ll work with a team of like-minded people who care about delivering the very best dining experience for our guests – they’ll help support you in achieving the high standards of customer service required in our camp kitchens.
Many of our Head Chefs joined us in the Catering Assistant role and had progressed to take charge. The proof is in the pudding!
The capacity to enjoy and thrive working as part of a fast-paced team
- A willingness to learn.
- The commitment to deliver first class customer service.
You’ll assist the chefs in preparing balanced, wholesome meals that fuel our guests and staff for their day of activities. This is a varied role that includes helping with food preparation, serving from our canteen bays and ensuring the kitchen and dining areas are kept clean, tidy and adhere to our health and safety standards.
Part of your working week will involve a combination of breakfast, lunch and evening meal shifts. You may have the chance to try your centre’s activities during your free time, building up your competency in the process. You may also participate in evening entertainments for our guests.
- Reinforced work trousers
- Chef jackets
- Aprons, etc
“I started with TWHC after completing a course at the university in Hospitality. I enjoy meeting and greeting and liaising with the guests to help ensure their satisfaction while maintaining high standards within our catering department. Living and working on centre means you get a great social life, and you meet lots of new people. Plus, work is readily available.
“I’m hoping to complete my NVQ in Leadership and Supervision and progress to a supervisory role within the company. With TWHC, you get to work in a fun and fast moving environment, with the opportunity to work in some great locations and make new friends while earning money”.