Get Paid To See The World. Staff Housing Available. Visa Assistance. Ski Resort Jobs Canada. In Country Orientations. Types: Canada Winter, Canada Summer, Instructor Course, Canada City Jobs, Kickstart Canada.
- Season: Late November through April
- Province: British Columbia
- Accommodation: No
- Jobs: Lift Operator, Ice Rink Attendants, Sleigh Drivers, Rental Techs, Call Centre Operators, Baristas, Guest Services & Cooks
- Interview Locations: Australia
Grouse Mountain is a unique four-season destination close to downtown Vancouver, one of the most beautiful cities in Canada. Our snow school is among the oldest and most well respected in North America, with a staff of 120+ dedicated ski-and snowboard professionals. We offer day and night skiing and snowboarding seven days a week with drop-in lessons, private lessons, kids camps and adult clinics.
Working at Grouse Mountain
Grouse Mountain has the highest of expectations for their seasonal staff as they receive thousands of applications yearly. This resort is situated literally minutes from downtown Vancouver and easily accessible to the two other local ski mountains… and Whistler is under two hours away! Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment with a world of career opportunities.
Applicants need to be at least 19 years of age, and some roles do require previous experience. Here are just a few that are currently available:
- Call centre operators
- Guest services
- Lift Operators
- Outside operations
- Ice Rink Attendants
- Rental tech
- Sleigh drivers
Due to its proximity to the city, staff accommodation is not required by those who work at Grouse Mountain Resort. Grouse Mountain is located just across the bridge from downtown Vancouver, a 15-minute drive or a 30-minute bus ride, and housing options first in, first serve in North Vancouver and Vancouver.
A Vancouver orientation sheet will be supplied to you to assist you in locating potential housing options for the duration of your employment and other essential need . You may also choose to wait and meet your new colleagues and find a place together, this may give you more options as to the type of accommodation you are looking to secure.
There are many hostels in the city, and you can extend your stay in the Sameson Hostel if you wish until you find a suitable place or other roomies. Grouse Mountain and TWHC will provide as many resources as possible. Do your research before you arrive so you know the pricing and availability on the types of accommodation you are looking at.
All staff members are extended a wide range of perks that include, but are not limited to:
- Complimentary seasons pass
- Complimentary seasons pass for your dependant family members (ie spouse/common-law partner and children) for full-time year-round staff or full-time seasonal staff after four consecutive winters or summers
- Complimentary recreational opportunities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice skating, hiking and access to seasonal activities such as the Lumberjack Show, Birds in Motion, scenic chairlift rides and more
- A Grouse Mountain employee passport to use for a complimentary zipline tour, a tour of the Eye of the Wind, dining discounts and more
- 40% discount on food items in The Observatory, Altitudes Bistro, Lupins Café, The Grouse Grind™ Coffee Bar, The Rusty Rail BBQ (does not apply to alcohol)
- 40% discount on Starbucks food and beverage items, 20% discount on merchandise (Grouse Mountain Starbucks location only)
- Complimentary coffee and tea while on shift when using your reusable cup – a $1.00 fee is charged without a cup that goes to fund sustainability projects on the mountain
- Complimentary hot chocolate in the chalet and in staff rooms
- Complimentary fountain drinks in Altitudes Bistro and Lupins while on shift.
- 20% discount off regular priced merchandise in the retail stores Outfitters, the Spirit Gallery and Essentials
- 40% discount for ski, board, skate and snowshoe rentals
- $125 staff price for Tandem Paragliding (regular is $229)
- Access to the inter-mountain ski day exchange (Mountain Interchange) program
- Participation in our organised sports and events such as Seek the Peak and the Grouse Grind Mountain Run
- 15% off Yyoga Memberships – check out yyoga.ca
- Complimentary Whistler Water through our Waterperks program provided in all staff rooms
- Discounts from our corporate sponsors