Help Children In Disadvantaged Communities
I am Dante, Founder and Director of the Fundacion Bolivia Digna. I created it in 2006 after working for 20 years in the child protection sector. I wanted to make a real impact and invest as much as possible in the children, that’s why I created Bolivia Digna. Since 2015 we have been welcoming international volunteers who have allowed stability in our activities and development. Our work could not, today, be possible without them.
We work in communities on the outskirts of the city of Cochabamba, The children we work with often suffer from a lack of attention and of positive role models as their families are unable to assist with their formal education. Children and adolescents are often required to work and many are left to fend for themselves or are expected to care for younger siblings. These children are at risk of becoming victims of physical, psychological and sexual abuse and human trafficking. They lack support to escape the poverty trap.
Therefore, the primary goals of all of our projects are:
- To provide a safe environment for at least a part of the day;
- To remove some of the burdens of responsibility and allow kids to be kids;
- To teach and demonstrate values that are at the core of a healthy society;
- To teach children hygiene habits such as washing their hands and brushing their teeth;
- To assist with and augment formal education to improve future prospects.
As a volunteer with Bolivia Digna, you can work directly with the children and make a difference as well as grow as an individual. What seems little to you can mean the world to the children!