ULTIMATE GAP YEAR
CREATE MEMORIES TO LAST A LIFETIME!
Fancy working in the UK for two years? This is the perfect package combining everything you need to make the most of your working holiday! You have the flexibility to swap placement locations as often as you like. The Ultimate Gap Year includes London city placements, English countryside placements staying in manor houses & castles, and even European resorts! All in one package!
The Ultimate Gap Year pack is your ultimate travel buddy! 24 months of uninterrupted Adventure Resort work, London city jobs and European resort adventure jobs.
WHAT DO I GET?
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
> UK WORK VISA GUARANTEE
> JUMPSTART LONDON
> ADVENTURE RESORT
Combined value is $3000. However, you will get a 50% discount, meaning the total cost is only $1500!!
Every employment sector has its high season and low seasons – each of our pack has its own features and benefits which will help you at different stages of your trip (sometimes you might want to be in London earning top dollar, sometimes you may need to be in an environment where you have no expenses and can save)
• Work in London and live in or shared houses with other travellers
• Work in our Adventure Resorts and travel between 28 locations
• Work in Europe at our Adventure Resorts in France and Spain
Choose which pack would like to start working with, and at later stage use your personal concierge service in London will help you change over as often as you need to. This service is available for you as long as your UK work visa is eligible.
Those that go with the Ultimate Gap Pack have uninterrupted accommodation and employment throughout their whole stay in the UK.
You simply cannot go wrong!
- Between 18-31 years of age;
- Eligible to apply for and receive a UK work visa (or a UK/EU Passport);
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality;
- Fluent in conversational and written English;
- No serious criminal or traffic offences.
WHAT JOB CAN I GET?
Adventure Resort Jobs
> Adventure Guide jobs
> Instructor – activity
> Instructor – watersports
> Instructor – Senior
Catering Team Staff:
> Kitchen (chef and prep cooks)
> Catering – combined with one other role
> Catering – senior
House Keeping Staff:
> Housekeeping – combined
> Resort & Staff Bars
> Retail for gift shops
> Retail – combined (bar & retail)
Central London (Jumpstart London Jobs)
> Restaurant Food Runner £9.00 -£11
> Restaurant Bar Back £9-£11
> Restaurant Host £9-£11
> Restaurant Food Runner £9.00 -£11
> Banqueting staff £8.00
> Restaurant Food Runner £9.00 -£11
> Hotel and bar Kitchen Porters £7.50
> Event Labouring £10 per hour
London Office Temp Work (Agency Ready Pack Jobs):
> Receptionist/Office Support
> PA/Team Secretaries
> Accounts Payable
> Credit Control
> Part-Qualified Accountants
> Qualified Accountants
> Financial Accountant
> Sales Ledger Clerk
> Accounts Payable Clerk
> Chefs (all levels)
> Teachers & Teacher Assistants
> IT Support Staff
> Live-In Care Takers
> Restaurant Managers
ACCOMMODATION ON THE ULTIMATE GAP YEAR (ADVENTURE RESORTS)
When you are offered a position to work in one of our Adventure Resorts, you will be offered on-site shared accommodation, free of charge! Yes, that’s right, you don’t pay rent! What a great way to start your working holiday.
Staff Accommodation cost: Free
Type of room: Depending on the time of year that you arrive, your accommodation may be indoors, such as a shared house, wooden cabin or chalet, or it could be a shared large frame tent during the hot summer months
Extras provided free of charge: Bedding, TV, small kitchenette for tea and toast
Food: You will receive three free meals per day
ACCOMMODATION ON THE ULTIMATE GAP YEAR (JUMPSTART LONDON)
When you join the Jumpstart London™ you will receive off-site accommodation in shared houses across London. The shared house accommodation offered consists of twin share rooms, single rooms and double rooms.
Rent: £85 per week, all bills included (shared room)
Rent: £100 per week, all bills included (single room)
Rent: £130 per week, all bills included (double)
Minimum stay of two weeks
East and West London
Zone 2 – 4
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
Ultimate Gap Year Pack (TWHC Program Fees) $1500
Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa (British High Commission Charges) £844
Adventure Guide Training
Adventure guides will need to complete a 10-day equipment OHS training – all expenses will be covered, including travel, food, and rent.
Activities Adventure Guides will train in include:
- Beach Walks
- Indoor Climbing
- Climbing Tower
- Dragon Boat Racing
- Giant Swing
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Low Ropes Course
- Mountain Biking
- Problem Solving
- Quad Biking
- Raft Building
- Rifle Shooting
- Sensory Trailing
- Street Surf
- Team Games
- Tunnel Trail
PRE PLACEMENT - COST: £0
Interested in moving to the UK for a working holiday or gap year? Have loads of questions about what, where, when, how to do stuff? We get it, our team are one click for a free no obligation chat! Ask away!
You are welcome to ask for advice on
- Moving to the UK
- Financial obligations and costs
- Checking your passport’s ok
- Working visa qualification & time frames
- Best time to arrive
- Best jobs by month of arrival
- Best jobs by travel bucket list
- Best jobs by hourly rate
- Advice - on renting in the UK and rates
- Compare pro and cons all job options
- Compare cost of living with pro and cons
- Overview of wages in UK wide
- Basic must-haves to get working
- What you need for a UK bank account
- What’s the process getting NI numbers
- Must know info for biometric cards
- Why do working holiday programs exit
- Who are they good for
- How does actually help your situation
- Free flow email with helpful links and guides
Right from the start of your experience we want you to make sure you know what to expect and make sure it's really clear the costs and process involved what you are getting. There are no surprises or hidden fees along the way and we'll keep you updated with what you need to do next.
REGISTER ONLINE - COST: £0
APPLICATION FEE £299 & APPLICATION INSURANCE COVER
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS ASSESSMENT (PAYMENT INSTALMENT)
- Personal Details
- Work History
- Education History
- Job Application
- Background Checks
- Location & job references
- Customer Service
APPLICATION CIRCULATION (PAYMENT INSTALMENT)
INTERVIEW & PLACEMENT (FINAL PAYMENT)
UK WORK VISA APPLICATION
- Day 1: Arriving in London – touchdown! Head straight to your hostel to check-in, drop your luggage, catch up on some sleep… or, head out to explore London
- Day 2: Orientation – During orientation, our UK program coordinator will help you get all of your essentials set up (i.e., bank account, NI number, phone sim card)
- Day 3 & 4: Settle in – you will need these days to finalise everything in London (get over the jet lag, set up your bank account, get your NI number and pick up your Biometrics Residence Permit) before you head off to camp. You will finish off the week with our free walking tour of London, as well as an epic trip on Central London’s biggest pub crawl in Leicester Square
- Day 5: Today’s the day you set off to your Adventure Resort – you will need to make your way to your centre or training venue, depending on which you need to go to first. If you are traveling by public transport, you will need to get yourself to the closest coach, bus or train to the destination and we will send someone to collect you. OR
- If you choose to do the Jumpstart London Program first you will settle into your Shared House and receive training for your new job.
- Adventure guides will need to complete a 10-day equipment OHS training – all expenses will be covered, including travel, food, and rent
- When you arrive at your resort location for training, you will be picked up by a resort staff member. On completion of your training (should you opt for an Adventure Guide role) you will again be transported, free of charge, to your Adventure Resort to start your contract.
- *A refund is payable if you are declined for an Adventure Resort position. If you are declined as a direct result of misleading or false information on your application, no refund will be offered. You are permitted to swap to the Jumpstart London™ program at no extra cost.
NO TRAVEL INSURANCE?
These are the world’s most expensive countries to stay in the hospital
Written by: Dave OwenIt might be the least exciting part of going abroad, but leaving home without travel insurance could end up costing you significantly more than your whole holiday. Comparison site Finder has worked out which destinations in the world have the most expensive hospital stays for uninsured travellers – most of which cost more than living it up for a night in a luxury hotel.
- Leading the pack is Monaco, where a one-night hospital stay costs on average a whopping £2,583. In contrast, the average travel insurance premium for a week there costs just £19. That means getting insurance is 136 times cheaper than staying in a Monaco hospital for a single night.
- The second most expensive hospital stay is in Luxembourg, where a one-night stay costs £1,360 versus £19 to cover insurance for a week.
- The top five is rounded out by Norway, Qatar, and Switzerland.
- The UK placed 23rd out of 189 countries included in the study, with an average cost of £423 per night for overseas visitors who have to pay.
- The cheapest hospital stay can be found in the Democratic Republic of Congo at just £1 per night (though the level of care may be somewhat lacking…)